ARCHIVEOBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
International Medical Journal, Vol. 26., Iss. 3, 2020, P. 40−44.
ETIOPATHOGENETIC ASPECTS, CLINICAL AND DIAGNOSTIC CRITERIA AS WELL AS COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO TREATMENT OF METABOLIC SYNDROME IN WOMEN OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE
Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Ukraine
The development of metabolic syndrome in women of reproductive age is one of the most common causes of anovulatory infertility, miscarriage in early pregnancy. In this pathology treatment in women there is used a comprehensive approach, which aims to restore specific functions, i.e. menstrual, secretory and reproductive ones. Important points are the detection of metabolic disorders in the patients before the formation of polycystic ovaries, normalization of body weight. In order to study the clinical effectiveness of the herbal drug "Glucemedin" in the combined treatment of metabolic syndrome in 40 women of reproductive age, a clinical and laboratory investigation was performed, also transvaginal ultrasound and body mass index were determined. In the first group of patients as the main treatment the metformin was prescribed hydrochloride as monotherapy in a dosage of 500 mg 2 times a day, in the second there was added phytodrug "Glucemedin" in a dosage of 1 capsule 3 times a day. The combined treatment showed a more pronounced dynamics of reduction of total and free cholesterol, low−density lipoprotein, triglycerides, atherogenic factor, decreased body mass index compared with the patients receiving metformin monotherapy. Based on analysis of the results of clinical and laboratory studies a high clinical efficiency of the herbal phytodrug "Glucemedin", which is stipulated with the pronounced effect on lipid spectrum of blood. The presence of natural components being a part of the phytodrug "Glucemedin", their high bioavailability, safety of the drug, no side effects and contraindications indicate its pronounced clinical effectiveness and feasibility of inclusion into the treatment of metabolic syndrome in women of childbearing age.
Key words: metabolic syndrome, lipid profile, body mass index, transvaginal ultrasound, Glucemedin, clinical efficiency, combined treatment, women of reproductive age.
1. Metabolicheskie narusheniya u bol'nykh s sindromom polikistoznykh yaichnikov / M. A. Gevorkyan, I. B. Manukhin, N. E. Kushlinskii, O. B. Kukharkina // Probl. reproduktologii, 2000. T. 6, № 6. S. 38−42.
2. Prilepskaya V. N. Problema ozhireniya i zdorov'e zhenshchiny // Ginekologiya. 2005. № 4. S. 3−6.
3. Metabolicheskii sindrom: proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee / E. V. Shlyakhto i dr. // Efferentnaya terapiya. 2007. T. 13, № 1. S. 74−78.
4. Dubossarskaya Z. M., Dubossarskaya Yu. A. Metabolicheskii sindrom i ginekologicheskie zabolevaniya // Meditsinskie aspekty zdorov'ya zhenshchiny. 2010. № 2. S. 28−38.
5. Anderson J. W., Konz E. C. Obesity and disease management: effects of weight loss on comorbid conditions // Obes. Res. 2001. Vol. 9, Suppl. 4. P. 327−334. doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2001.138
6. Harmonizing the definition of the metabolic syndrome: comparison of criteria of ATP III and IDF in United States American and European populations / G. Assmann et al. // Am. J. Cardiol., 2007. Vol. 99. P. 541−548. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2006.08.045
7. Christian R. C., Behrenbeck T., Fitzpatrick L. A. Clinical hyperandrogenism and body mass index predict coronary calcification in premenopausal women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) // Endocr. Soc. Abs. 2000. 400 p.
8. Daskalopoulou S. S., Mikhailidis D. P., Elisaf M. Prevention and treatment of metabolic syndrome // Angiology. 2004. Vol. 55, № 6. P. 589−612. doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/00033197040550i601
9. Relative impact of insulin resistance and obesity on cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovary syndrome / M. O. Goodarzi et al. // Metabolism. 2003. Vol. 52, № 6. P. 713−719. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/s0026−0495(03)00031−3
10. Hanefeld M., Leonhardt W. Das Metabolische Syndrom // Dtsch. Gesundh. Wesen., 2012. Vol. 36. P. 545−551.
11. Parijat Kanetkar, Rekha Singhal, Madhusidan Katat. Gynemma sylvestre: a memoir // J. of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition. 2007. Vol. 41. P. 77−81.
12. Antsiferov M. B., Grigoryan O. R., Chernova T. O. Vozmozhnosti primeneniya preparata "Siofor" (metformin) u zhenshchin s sindromom polikistoznykh yaichnikov i izbytochnoi massoi tela // Probl. reprod. 2001. T. 7, № 2. S. 49−55.
13. Sovremennye printsipy korrektsii metabolicheskogo sindroma / E. I. Krasil'nikova i dr. // Efferentnaya terapiya. 2007. T. 13, № 1. S. 30−32.
14. An evidence−based systematic review of Gynemma (Gynemma sylvestre) by Natural standart research collaboration / C. Ulbricht et al. // J. of Dietary Supplemens. 2011. Vol. 8 (3). P. 311−330.
15. Sidney J. Stohs, Howard Miller, Gilbert R. Kaats. A review of the efficacy and safety Banaba (Lagerstroemia speciosa L.) and Corosolic acid // Phytoterapy research. 2012. Vol. 26. P. 317−324. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/s0026−0495(03)00031−3