International Medical Journal, Vol. 26., Iss. 3, 2020, P. 83−86.
CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF EXPRESSION RATE OF MIRNA-29A IN PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC VIRAL HEPATITIS
Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Dnipro, Ukraine
Chronic viral hepatitis C is an urgent problem of hepatology. During the rapid development of epigenetics, small molecules, namely microRNA and microRNA−29a are actively studied in liver pathology. For this purpose, the level of miRNA−29a expression was studied in 74 patients having chronic viral hepatitis C with the first HCV genotype. Aberrant hyperexpression of miRNA−29a in the patients, the ability to differentiate the patients with chronic viral hepatitis C with sensitivity and specificity of the model of ROC analysis Se = 67.57 % and Sp = 90.91 %, DE = 79.24 % compared with healthy individuals. The expression of miRNA−29a was studied in the patients with chronic viral hepatitis C, who had a poor experience with antiviral therapy with interferon−containing protocols. The expression level of miRNA−29a was determined according to the manufacturer's protocol using the TaqMan® microRNA reverse transcription kit (Applied Biosystems, USA).The mean level of miRNA−29a expression in the patients with chronic viral hepatitis C (Me) and in groups of patients was assessed depending on previous experience of antiviral therapy. Aberrant hyperexpression of miRNA−29a was detected in the patients with chronic viral hepatitis C. In naive patients the level of miRNA−29a expression was 1.65 (1.27; 2.28) conventional units and in the patients with failed antiviral therapy according to regimens containing interferon was 1.64 (0.79; 2.20) conventional units compared with the control group (p = 0.002, H), which may reflect the potential mechanism of persistence of HCV infection. Thus, the expression level of miRNA−29a can be an additional biomarker in the pathogenesis of chronic viral hepatitis C, which can be used in the monitoring and treatment of patients, become the basis for prescribing the patients more effective protocols of targeted antiviral drugs and allow personification of treatment tactics.
Key words: chronic viral hepatitis C, previous experience of antiviral therapy, miRNA−29a, aberrant hyperexpression.
1. WHO methods and data sources for global burden of disease estimates 2000−2015. January 2017 (2017). Access mode: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GlobalDALYmethods_2000_2015.pdf
2. Zakhvoryuvanіst' na khronіchnii gepatit S u strukturі іnshikh khronіchnikh vіrusnikh gepatitіv u Dnіpropetrovs'komu regіonі ta Ukraїnі / O. P. Shevchenko−Makarenko ta іn. // Vіsn. naukovikh doslіdzhen'. 2018. № 1. S. 156−160. doi: https://doi.org/10.11603/2415−8798.2018.1.8791
3. Kozomara A., Birgaoanu M., Griffiths−Jones S. miRBase: from microRNA sequences to function // Nucleic Acids Research. 2019. № 47. P. D155−D162. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gky1141
4. miR 29a suppresses the growth and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma through IFITM3 / Y. Liang et al. // Oncology Reports. 2018. Vol. 40, № 6. P. 3261−3272. doi: https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2018.6745
5. Circulating liver−specific microRNAs as noninvasive diagnostic biomarkers of hepatic diseases in human / G. Musaddaq, N. Shahzad, M. A. Ashraf, M. I. Arshad // Biomarkers. 2019. Vol. 24, № 2. P. 103−109. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/1354750X.2018.1528631
6. MikroRNS−ek a hepatocarcinogenesisben [MicroRNAs in hepatocarcinogenesis] / G. Lendvai, A. Kiss, I. Kovalszky, Z. Schaff // Orv. Hetil. 2012. Vol. 153, № 25. P. 978−989. doi:10.1556/OH.2012.29387
7. Shevchenko−Makarenko O. P. Uroven' ekspressii mikroRNK−29a u bol'nykh khronicheskim virusnym gepatitom S // Klinicheskaya infektologiya i parazitologiya. 2019. T. 8, № 2. S. 229−235.
8. Shostakovich−Korets'ka L. R., Shevchenko−Makarenko O. P., Lapikova−Brigins'ka T. Yu. Bazovii rіven' ekspresії mіkroRNK−196a u khvorikh na khronіchnii vіrusnii gepatit S z pershim genotipom HCV // Gepatologіya. 2019. № 2 (44). S. 35−44. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/gepat_2019_2_7
9. MіkroRNK−122 yak bіologіchnii marker khronіchnogo vіrusnogo gepatitu S / O. P. Shevchenko−Makarenko, L. R. Shostakovich−Korets'ka, V. Є. Dosenko, T. І. Drevits'ka // Mіzhnarodnii medichnii zhurn. 2020. T. 26, № 1 (101). S. 72−75 doi: https://doi.org/10.37436/2308−5274−2020−1−16
10. Shostakovych−Koretskaya L., Shevchenko−Makarenko O., Lapikova−Bryhinska T. The level of expression of miR−196a in patients with chronic viral hepatitis C with the first genotype of HCV according to previous experience of antiviral therapy // Medichnі perspektivi. 2020. T. 25, № 2. S. 130−137. doi: https://doi.org/10.26641/2307−0404.2020.2.206387