International Medical Journal, Vol. 28., Iss. 1, 2022, P. 17−20.
“ESSEL” CLINICAL EFFECTIVENESS IN NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASE
Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Ukraine
Non−alcoholic fatty liver disease has become a very common and urgent problem during recent years. In the patients with cardiovascular disease, it may be the criterion and the only manifestation of disorders of lipid metabolism, demanding the clinician to examine purposefully the patients to identify other components of the metabolic syndrome. Non−alcoholic fatty liver disease is a factor not only in the risk of cardiovascular disease, but also their consequences. Clinical efficiency and safety of Essel dietary supplement (5 ml once daily) in outpatient treatment of patients with this pathology, taking into account the impact of the drug on the subjective manifestations of the disease, biochemical parameters of blood and life quality was studied. Twice during the follow−up period (at the beginning and end of the four−week period), a blood biochemistry was tested, as well as the quality of life using a valid version of the general questionnaire The RAND−36−Item Health Survey was assessed. It is shown that the use of dietary supplement "Essel" in a standard dose for four weeks led to a significant improvement in traditional indices of the therapy effectiveness, i.e. clinical symptoms and functional liver function tests (decreased activity of ALT, AST). The use of the drug "Essel" helps to improve the life quality of patients in most parameters that reflect the physical, psycho−emotional and social spheres. It was emphasized that the Essel dietary supplement was well tolerated by patients and did not cause any side effects. The findings showed that the quality of life, which is assessed by available screening methods (according to special questionnaires), can be an objective criterion for the effectiveness of treatment of non−alcoholic fatty liver disease, along with traditional biochemical indices.
Key words: non−alcoholic fatty liver disease, “Essel” drug, life quality, biochemical counts of blood.
1. Cortez−Pinto H. Increasing burden of alcoholic liver disease in Europe. Postgraduate coure syllabus. Alcoholic liver disease. EASL The International Liver Congress. 2012. P. 11−16.
2. Seitz H. K. Alcohol consummation as s co−factor for other liver disease. Postgraduate course syllabus. Alcoholic liver disease. EASL The International Liver Congress. 2019. P. 121−130.
3. Weismuller T. J., Lankisch T. O. Biliary diseases − new insights and developments. Dtsch. Med. Wochenschr. 2019. Bd. 136. S. 713−716.
4. Pathogenesis and management issues for non−alcoholic fatty liver disease / M. Duvnjak et al. World J. Gastroenterol. 2007. Vol. 13. P. 4539−4550. doi: https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v13.i34.4539
5. Weight Loss Through Lifestyle Modification Significantly Reduces Features of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis / E. Vilar−Gomez et al. Gastroenterology. 2015. Vol. 149 (2). P. 367−378. doi: https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2015.06.028
6. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, liver fibrosis, and cardiometabolic risk factors in adolescence: a cross−sectional study of 1874 general population adolescents / D. A. Lawlor et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2014. Vol. 99. P. 410−417. doi: https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2013−3612
7. EASL−EASD−EASO Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of non−alcoholic fatty liver disease. J. Hepatol. 2016. Vol. 64, № 6. P. 1388−1402. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2015.11.004
8. Real'naya nanofarmakologiya: 25 let razrabotki i primeneniya liposomal'nykh lekarstvennykh preparatov v Ukraine / A. S. Grigor'eva i dr. Farmakom. 2016. № 1. S. 41−45.
9. Khromov A. S. Liposomal'nye preparaty − realizatsiya nanotekhnologii v meditsine. Farmakologіya ta lіkars'ka toksikologіya. 2016. № 2 (48). S. 14−23.
10. Svistel'nik A. V., Khanin A. L. Liposomal'nye lekarstvennye preparaty: vozmozhnosti i perspektivy. Meditsina v Kuzbasse. 2014. T. 13, № 2. S. 43−45.
11. Algoritm klinicheskoĭ diagnostiki alkogol'noĭ bolezni pecheni: instruktsiya po primeneniyu / Yu. V. Gorgun i dr. Minsk, 2013. 14 s.
12. Novik A. A., Ionova T. I. Rukovodstvo po issledovaniyu kachestva zhizni v meditsine. 2−e izd. M., 2007. 320 s.