International Medical Journal, Vol. 26., Iss. 2, 2020, P. 48−52.
EXPERIENCE OF APPLYING LIPOPHILIC OINTMENT "WUNDAHYL" WHEN TREATING SUPERFICIAL BURNS
State Institution "V. T. Zaitsev Institute of General and Emergency Surgery of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine", Kharkiv
V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
Communal Healthcare Institution "O. I. Meshchaninov, Kharkiv City Clinical Hospital of Emergency and Urgent Clinical Care", Ukraine
For the local treatment of burns, numerous drugs have been proposed with a tendency to expand the range of drugs. In order to establish the effectiveness of Wundehil ointment in the treatment of superficial burns and to determine the optimal methods of its application, the results obtained in the patients with second−grade burns were analyzed. Clinical evaluation of treatment was performed on the basis of visual control of the wound process, determination of the amount and nature of exudate, the timing of epithelialization of superficial burns. The dynamics of the wound process was observed by cytological examination. In the preparations, which were examined by immersion microscopy, the cell composition was studied to determine the type of cytogram according to the generally accepted classification. The type of cytogram in the patients was characterized as inflammatory. Among the cell elements in the smear, segmental neutrophilic granulocytes, monocytes in small numbers, and single lymphocytes predominated. Signs of phagocytic activity were recorded, and neutrophilic granulocytes with intracellular arrangement of microorganisms were detected. On the 7th day after the injury, the inflammatory type of cytogram was recorded in smears−imprints in 3 patients, inflammatory−regenerative were found in 6, regenerative ones were revealed in 14. On the 10th day only 2 patients had an inflammatory−regenerative type of cytogram. The obtained data indicate that the "Wundehyl" drug on a lipophilic basis with the content of components of natural origin meets the requirements for a local treatment of burns. The use of this ointment in patients with second−degree burns reduces the severity of the inflammatory reaction, has a stimulating effect on reparative processes in the burn wound, prevents mechanical damage during dressings and reduces the duration of epithelialization in second−grade burns.
Key words: burns, local treatment, cytological examinations, "Wundahyl" ointment.
1. Suchasne medikamentozne lіkuvannya ran: vіdom. іnstr. / O. O. Shalіmov ta іn. K., Іn−t khіrurgії ta transplantologії AMN Ukraїni. 2002. 35 s.
2. Datsenko B. M. Ranevoi protsess kak fundamental'naya problema sovremennoi klinicheskoi khirurgii // Aktual'nі problemi suchasnoї meditsini: Vіsn. Ukraїns'koї medichnoї stomatologіchnoї akademії. 2007. № 1−2. S. 17−18.
3. Printsipy mestnogo lecheniya ozhogovykh ran / E. Ya. Fistal' i dr. // Ostrye i neotlozhnye sostoyaniya v praktike vracha. 2009. № 6. S. 38−39.
4. Spiridonova T. G. Konservativnoe lechenie ozhogovykh ran // Rus. med. zhurn. 2001. № 13−14. URL: http:// www.rmj.ru/articles_1338.htm
5. Savos'kіna V. A. Otsіnka klіnіchnoї efektivnostі zastosuvannya mazі "Vundekhіl" u dermatologії // Ukr. zhurn. dermatologії, venerologії, kosmetologії. 2019. № 2. S. 75−80.
6. Bobkova І. A., Varlakhova L. V., Man'kovs'ka M. M. Farmakognozіya: pіdruch. dlya vishch. med. (farmats.) zakladіv. 2−ge vid., pererobl. ta dopovn. K.: Meditsina, 2010. 512 s.
7. Pokrovskaya M. P., Makarov M. S. Tsitologiya ranevogo ekssudata kak pokazatel' protsessa zazhivleniya rany. M: Medgiz, 1942. 44 s.
8. Kamaev M. F. Infitsirovannaya rana i ee lechenie. M: Meditsina, 1962. 189 s.
9. Datsenko B. M., Belov S. G., Tamm T. I. Gnoinaya rana. K.: Zdorov'e, 1985. 136 s.
10. Rany i ranevaya infektsiya: rukovodstvo dlya vrachei; pod red. M. I. Kuzina, B. M. Kostyuchenok. 2−e izd., pererab. i dop. M.: Meditsina, 1990. 592 s.